Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Professional Portfolio to Showcase Personal Achivement

The purpose of a professional portfolio is to give your employer highlighted information about who you feel you are in your field of interest and the assets that you can bring to the school, compony or organization. Having data to show self-growth and accomplishments is a wonderful way that assesses personal growth, and how we are contributing to student growth and learning. As a second year teacher, I find this question interesting as I look at it through a teachers lens because I have only been asked to see a professional portfolio during a dance audition or dance teaching interview. Never the less being able to show growth and experience is an impactful selling for employers.

In my professional portfolio, I have included the following criteria:

  • Teaching philosophy
  • Dance resume - teaching and performing
  • Achievements- teaching and performing 
  • Goal/ Plan - This document along with te resume is regularly updated or based on the new employment endeavor. 
  • Pictures and links to video- These are most of the time what can solidify or clarify any uncertainty. 


Putting together a summative book of one's personal work is not only beneficial to employers who have to choose between multiple candidates but also gives ourselves a chance to see what are we doing to make us a viable candidate than another. Knowing where you stand gives you a clear perspective on how to improve, grow and change for the better.  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment